I am a doctoral researcher in Brain Tool Lab with Patrick Codd and Boyuan Chen developing technologies towards automated brain surgery. My research focuses on Robotic Perception, Soft Body Manipulation and Machine Learning. I obtained my MS in Mechanical Engineering at Duke University with Xiaoyue Ni with focus on flexible epidermal sensors for physiological sensing.
My interests lies in developing interventions in healthcare for enhancing ability and accessibility of autonomous systems by equipping them with novel sensors and algorithms. Through my work, I wish to empower healthcare professionals by developing better surgical robotic systems and sensors which not only improve patient's clinical experience but also increases clinician's reach. This will help address the challenges faced by under-resourced communities and push us towards a equitable present and future.
- Jan 2024 Our paper titled "A blinded study using laser induced endogenous fluorescence spectroscopy to differentiate ex vivo spine tumor, healthy muscle, and healthy bone." has been published at Scientific Reports.
- June 2023 Our paper titled "3D Laser-and-tissue Agnostic Data-driven Method for Robotic Laser Surgical Planning" has been accepted at IROS 2023. arxiv link
- March 2023 Thank you Duke Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for awarding 2023 Maclin Community Connections Grant for our work with under-represented undergraduate students.
- March 2023 I have been awarded Duke India Initaitives's research travel grant. The award will allow me to test our portable diagnoistic device as a solution for underresourced facilities in India.
- Feb 2023 Our latest paper on developing brain tissue mimicking phantoms for photoablation studies has been accepted for presentation at ISMR 2023. I am supported by "Conference Travel Award" from The Graduate School, Duke University to present the paper.
- December 2022 Thank you Duke Graduate and Professional Student Government for awarding DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) microaward for our work with under-represented undergraduate students.
- May 2021 I received Woo Center for Big Data and Precision Health Fellowship to work with Dr. Hanzhang Xu on unstructured EHR reports
- October 2020 I received Dean's Research Award to support my research on flexible sensors.